What is Engaging Places?
Engaging Places is a programme to support teaching and learning through buildings and places. This means learning about the buildings and places in their own right and also using them as a resource to teach other curriculum subjects.
The Engaging Places website provides:
- a curriculum-focused resources for teachers in England to support, develop and enhance built environment education in primary and secondary schools.
- inspiration for using builldings and places to teach other curriculum subjects
- information for teachers to help them access and use high-quality built environment education organisations and resources locally and nationally.
Teachers can use the Engaging Places website to:
- identify organisations that can assist with learning using buildings and places
- keep up to date with relevant news and events
- find resources to help create a thematic curriculum for primary and secondary learners
- be inspired by the work of other schools
- share experiences of using buildings and places in teaching and learning
- access local and national built environment education opportunities